Right from the outset: tools with diamond cutting edges (DIA) are not “that expensive” since the act of using them means saving costs. This fact is true for volume manufacturers and for craftsmen who produce small quantities. This is explained by the fact that optimised and customised solutions are available with a large regrinding cutting edge area for high volumes. Moreover standard diamond tools are also available with lower tipping heights (regrinding still possible) for small batch sizes or when the tools are not constantly in use.
Leitz uses three different kinds of diamond cutting material:Monocrystalline diamond
- MCD: this is a synthetic monocrystalPolycrystalline diamond
- PCD: this consists of synthetic diamond crystals with different grain sizes bonded to a tungsten carbide substrate under a special pressure, high temperature method.
- CVD (Chemical Vapour Deposition) diamond: this is either applied to the cutting element at low temperature and under low pressure in the form of a thin layer or available in the form of a thick film blank.
As a result of innovative cutting and gullet geometries, splitting the profile and unequal number of teeth, the diamond tools are optimised to suit the application. Thanks to different combinations of these product characteristics significant improvements can be made in terms of reducing noise and dust emissions and improving the tool life and surface qualities.Leitz diamond tools ensure optimum results with their customised combination of tool design, cutting materials, processing methods so that Leitz tools will meet your expectations:
- maximum product quality with precision tools
- optimised and customised tool solutions
- minimum machining costs and maximum tool life
- professional - reliable - fast
For technical information ask our sales representatives or our
technical engineers in our UK headquarters.