Measures at Leitz in relation to the coronavirus
Dear customer, dear business partner,
The health of our customers, our business partners and our employees is very important for us. For this reason, we have taken extensive safety measures in relation to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) in all areas of the Leitz company and in our sales and service centers.
We are aware that your production processes depend on our tools and services, and we believe these measures will better enable us to work together so we can continue to reliably support your business.
The following proposals should make our common processes as safe as possible for all those who are involved:
You can reach your Leitz contact person in the usual way (by telephone or email). Wherever possible, all our sales and service representatives will continue to collect and deliver your tooling as arranged. Should any changes be necessary, we will contact you directly.
If you do not wish our service representative to visit your premises, or if you wish to arrange different frequencies of visit, please let us know. We are happy to work with you.
Our sales and service representatives will wear gloves where practicable, sanitise their respective ve-hicles in the morning and evening, and will follow the government guidelines as appropriate.
Contact Leitz service personnel – tool sharpening/repair and replacement:
- Please gather all tooling scheduled for servicing and allocate one place in your factory from which our Leitz employee will collect the tools. This reduces the risk to all our employees from unnecessary contact. Please coordinate these points with your Leitz contact (e.g. by telephone, mail or WhatsApp).
- We have increased our stock of popular consumable items and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- We are doing our utmost to continue to supply demand. We will keep you informed should potential restrictions change availability.
- For customer-specific tools or profiles stock keeping, please verify what you need to maintain your production.
- The minimum recommendation is one tool on, one tool waiting and one tool in service. However, should further commercial movement controls be imposed, we advise that you look at your con-sumable usage for up to 3 months use. Please consider the effect of not having your tools serviced due to possible future restrictions.
Contact Leitz technical personnel – consultations and application/production support:
- We will be happy to communicate with you by phone, Skype or even WhatsApp, to more easily share video and images.
- Should a personal meeting be necessary, we will respect the well-known safety standards of minimum distance and alternative greetings. We also kindly ask you to keep the number of the participants in the meeting to a minimum.
- Our technical salesmen carry disinfectant gel with them and use it before and after each contact to customers to absolutely minimize the risk of infection.
Working together and following government guidelines will help to reduce transmission to keep our communities well as a whole.
We appreciate your support during this unprecedented period.
With kind regards,
Simon Liddell, Managing Director, Leitz Tooling (UK) Ltd.
Call 01279 454530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org